Goal of Job: The Community Resource Navigator will promote and enhance the overall academic mission by providing services that strengthen home/school/community partnerships that alleviate barriers to learning. The Community Resource Navigator contributes to the development of a healthy, safe and caring environment by fostering an ongoing partnership between the home and school.
1. BA or BS in a Human Services related field.
2. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both oral and written, ability to communicate well with school personnel, staff district office staff, families, and the community.
3. Attention to detail, self-starter, and able to work unsupervised.
4. Ability to problem-solve, mediate, and multi-task.
5. Experience working in a community social service agency.
6. Display professional work ethic, including willingness to work non-traditional hours when necessary.
7. Ability to drive and provide own transportation to meet the requirements of the job.
Primary Responsibilities: Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Connecting families to assistance for food, clothing, or housing needs
2. Providing referrals to medical and mental health providers
3. Follow up with students and families to ensure that their situation improved,
4. Meeting with students who are unable to focus in the classroom due to a difficulty or crisis
5. Checking in on students who need support during challenging times.
6. Collaborating with parents, teachers, staff, and community providers around individual student needs while at school
7. Evaluate services provided to ensure that they are effective,
8. Maintain case files to track student and family problems and progress.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dr. Ted DeTurk at firstname.lastname@example.org