Compensation: Competitive salary and benefit package.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Educational Service Unit 2 in Fremont, NE is searching for a qualified Systems and Network Operations Technician to support schools in the ESU 2 area. To learn more about ESU 2 visit us at: www.esu2.org
- Ensure reliable operations for end-users by providing support in a multi-client setting via our helpdesk system.
- System and network administration in an educational setting implementing requirements by defining and analyzing system and network related problems and then designing and testing standards and solutions.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of regional information technology that keeps technical aspects of K-12 schools in the ESU 2 area running smoothly.
- Multi-Platform end user desktop support (Windows, macOS / iOS, and ChromeOS)
- Multi-Platform Server Administration (Windows / Linux)
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members on projects
- Server hardware research and possible procurement for server upgrades
- Troubleshooting of server/network related issues
- Continued maintenance of network appliances
- Administration of SaaS based services
- Stay up to date on current network security trends, threats and techniques.
- Collaborate with other statewide entities on the development of technical solutions
- Provide reference by writing clear documentation.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and participating in professional organizations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
Preferred Job Experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- A background in K-12 Education preferred
- Networking background with an understanding of subnetting and VLANs
- Management of Windows and / or Linux based OS in a virtualized environment
Highly competitive salary and benefit package. To apply please send letter of application and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOE and Veterans Preference Apply.