Spring Legal Workshops
The Nebraska Association of School Boards will be hosting their March 21 at ESU2 from 5:15 to 9:00 PM
Registration Deadline: March 15, 2018
One of the most important tasks board members and administrators may face deals with due process hearings, including closed sessions and other legal and procedural issues. It is here where so many questions arise:
- What are the due process requirements?
- What responsibilities do board members have?
- What is the role of an administrator in a hearing?
This workshop will cover these and other hearing-related questions, including what policies a board should consider adopting to manager the types of issues that may be subject to a due process hearing.
- You will also learn how important a board member's conduct is before a grievance or appeal is even filed:
- How should board members hand communications outside of a board meeting or hearing, including rumors and community members providing unsolicited information?
- What are the applicable policies, and how can a district protect itself with proper documentation?
- Go to www.NASBonline.org, and log in using your username and password
- If you do not have a username and password or have forgotten it, please contact NASB at 800-422-4572 for assistance.
- $20 cancellation fee by the registration deadline. No refunds after the deadline.
-NASB Members: $90
-Cancelation Fee: $20
School/EDU Board Members, Superintendents, & ESU Administrators
15 Awards of achievement points will be earned for attending.